6 cravings and what they mean
If you have a craving and want to satisfy it (in a healthy way), check out what your cravings actually mean. This list was developed by Dr. Colleen Huber, a Naturopathic Medical Doctor and author of Choose Your Foods Like Your Life Depends On It.
I recommend printing the full list, Food Craving, and placing it on your fridge to reference when your next craving hits.
1. Chocolate. If you crave chocolate, what you really need is Magnesium, which can be found in raw nuts and seeds, legumes, and fruits.
3. Burned food. What you really need is carbon, which can be found in fresh fruits.
4. Chewing Ice. What you really need is Iron, which can be found in meat, fish, poultry, seaweed, greens, and black cherries.
5. Salty Foods. What you really need is chloride, which can be found in raw goat milk, fish, and unrefined sea salt.
6. Cool drinks. What you really need is manganese, which can be found in walnuts, almonds, pecans, pineapple, and blueberries.