Today I had the pleasure of attending the annual Transitions Luncheon again thanks to an invite from a co-worker. After enjoying my lunch, listening to some guest speakers and hearing the stories of a participant and alumnus of the various programs Transitions supports, I made a donation. Not a huge donation, but an amount I could afford to give. Even though my finances for my family are tight and stressful, I still live a life of luxury (cars that run, smart phones, eating out, television, Netflix, Internet…all pretty luxurious things), so I can clearly afford to make a donation and just skip a couple dinners out.
Why make a donation and support Transitions?
- Results: they actually help children and women end poverty and homelessness in Spokane!
- They impact our community (which means YOU)
- No one should be homeless
- No one should live in poverty
- Beacause you can
- Did I mention that their programs work?
To learn more about Transitions and how you can help, visit their website: http://www.help4women.org/
**Crossing this one off my Everything List**